Looking to develop an application like ZocDoc that can help you elevate your business? Well, look no further.
In this blog, we have explained why it is critical to be industry-ready to maintain your company graphs while maintaining a competitive edge over your competitors. We have also discussed how much it would cost to create a smartphone app similar to ZocDoc.
Let’s get started.
What is a health application?
Online health or medical application allows patients to arrange a medical appointment with doctors or specialists at a certain time, over the phone, in person, or at a clinic. Users can use the app to find doctors in their neighborhood, confirm that they accept their insurance, and schedule appointments.
All this is possible by providing certified medical experts, doctors, and specialists, with access to healthcare application that facilitates online appointments and real-time consultations for patients. It allows users to find and locate local doctors, healthcare providers, and specialists. Patients can learn about their insurance options and eligibility requirements with the help of the application’s in-built features.
This calls for a discussion on the health applications’ features.
What are the features of health applications?
There are certain specified features that a health application must-have. Let us discuss them in detail:
- Patient Account: To use this feature, the patient must create an account on the application. It takes information such as the patient’s name, age, gender, blood group, height, weight, and other medical-related information.
- Doctors Account: To access this feature, doctors must make accounts on the mobile application. They must include information such as their name, specialization, consultation time, costs, and other details that will help the patient to filter their search easily.
- Advanced search bars with filters: They can do painless searches by utilizing filters such as filtering doctors based on specialty, geographical location, ratings and reviews, consultation timing, consultation fees, and so on. This will assist them in locating the appropriate doctor for their needs.
- Consultation and booking: Patients can schedule an appointment after determining the best doctor for their needs based on numerous search factors. They can select the time slot that is most convenient for them and confirm it.
- Rating and review: After the appointment is confirmed and the consultation is over, patients can rate the doctor on a scale of one to five stars depending on their experience with them, with this feature.
- Advanced payment system: Customers can use the application to access a more advanced payment mechanism. It gives consumers the option of paying online or as per their convenience.
- Reminder about the reservation: The app notifies users about the booking time as a reminder. The patient’s registered mobile number and email address will receive notifications.
The above-mentioned features together create an ideal health application.
What are the technologies that can improve the functionality of an online health application?
Artificial Intelligence: The best use of various artificial intelligence solutions can improve the productivity of your online doctor booking application. If a patient is unsure which doctor to see, artificial intelligence integrations can assist them by directing them to the appropriate doctors based on the information they provide. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning are capable of accomplishing wonders in the medical field, leveraging online doctor booking mobile applications to take our lives to the next level, eliminating all the hassles and bustles that previously existed.
Cloud Computing: Cloud computing is the most recent example of how technology is expanding and providing many benefits to the medical business. Cloud computing systems are providing the greatest services to an online doctor booking mobile application by enhancing data security through the use of deep learning and big data.
Blockchain Technology: By incorporating Blockchain technology into the frameworks of an online doctor booking mobile application, the entire process can be decentralized and day-to-day operations can be streamlined. It has the potential to protect the entire mobile app ecosystem against hackers and other malicious threats, hence enhancing security.
How to build your health application?
Building your dream health application is not an easy task, especially when its demand is increasing. Every healthcare institute nowadays is trying to figure out the cost of developing an online health application. But before developing the same, you should decide upon the following things:
- The type of application
- Technologies used
- Design of the application
- The platform for the application, whether iOS, Windows, or Android
- Features of the application
- Number of total pages in the application
Several factors that affect the cost of health applications are:
- Time is taken to develop an application
- Location of the application development company
- Target audience
- Application support and maintenance
- Project scope
- Technologies used
- Features and functionality
- App platform
- Development team
The above-mentioned factors influence the pricing of the application. Based on the complexity, the average cost to develop mobile applications like ZocDoc would range from $80,000 to $150,000.
To summarize, we can say that cost varies depending on the requirements and features included in the application.
How to find the best healthcare application development company?
Once you are clear with the features, design, scope, etc. that need to be included in the application, then start searching for the company that offers enhanced application development services. Do your research, read reviews, and make comparisons, before finalizing a reputable company that specializes in mobile application development.
Stop thinking and start your journey with WebClues Infotech to develop the best healthcare application like ZocDoc.